Students: Study Abroad Overview
Why Study Abroad?
- Gain an international dimension and a global perspective in your major.
- Expand your range of course options and develop a global resume.
- Experience the increasing interdependence of the U.S. and other countries.
- Explore the role you can play in the global community.
- Increase your understanding of other cultures and get a different perspective on your own culture.
- Get to know local students, host families, and townspeople and immerse yourself in the life of the host country.
- Enjoy new and different activities that are native to the host country.
- Sharpen interpersonal and communication skills through interacting with people from backgrounds different than your own.
- Achieve competence in a foreign language.
- Enhance your sense of independence and self-confidence.
- Expand your career choices and clarify your personal goals.
Why Choose CCIS?
- Choice of more than 80 study abroad programs in 31 countries around the world for a semester, summer, or full academic year.
- Option of living with a host family: Many programs feature this option, which accelerates foreign language acquisition and gives in-depth knowledge of another culture.
- Access to student services: CCIS programs offer many extra features, such as orientation, on-site support and academic counseling, social activities, field trips and excursions.
- Wide range of courses: Curricular options include intensive foreign language courses as well as courses in the humanities and social sciences, physical sciences, business, studio art and design, and marketing.
- Entry in programs at all language levels: Foreign language courses are required in non-English speaking countries as part of the semester program; students can start at any level, from elementary to advanced.
- Competitive Costs: Costs vary, depending on the cost of living and currency exchange rates in various countries, but CCIS programs are generally very affordable compared with many other overseas study programs.
- Assistance with credit transfer.
- Eligibility for many forms of financial aid.